Friday, July 2, 2010

I hAve hEaRd yOuR cAll

Every spring Moab calls us back to enjoy its wealth of outdoor fun. We love to go jeeping, hiking, biking, and my favorite, climbing. We have done it every year for about six years now and look forward to many more. My parents and siblings have also made it a tradition along with Josh's parents (who opted out this year to go on a cruise).

Atta Girl.
Maddy cruised up this climb so she could have bragging rights
over the teenage girl to her right.
Maddy also let the other girl know that a six year old beat her.

The girls found their own little "house" to keep them busy
while the rest of us climbed.

Here's Josh leading a killer climb.

Then I get to top rope that killer climb.
Which I guess makes it not so killer.

Keeping the Peace.
Maddy is in time out, the boys are making sure she stays there.

Grandpa and Gracy

Roasting mallows.

Our campfire entertainment. Josh changed Jack Johnson's song
'Mother, mother ocean,' to 'Mother, mother Moab', and
we now have our tribute song to Moab.


The kids formed their own group about 20 feet from all the adults.

Little Gracy and her big hot dog
We try to find a different hike to do every Moab trip.
We missed Rick this year, he usually comes up with an awesome hike.
We fared well though and hiked up a little stream.



Sunny dayz.
Maddy would not open her eyes for the picture.
So I said, "one, two, three, open them big!!"
...and she listened.
Posing with a lizard she caught all by herself.

Gracy has her lizard tucked away.

The Crew.

Hand stand contest.
I won.

Hot+water=naked boys.
The last day we played at a park.

Grandpa Kevin and the kids.
Marshal's always ready with the, "Cheeeeese."

There were a lot of dandelions at the park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures of Moab. I love having that red rock country so close to home. I really need to create time in my schedule to go down there with you guys when you get back to Utah.